GETTING STARTED WITH FERS
Who should attend: Employees with less than 5 years of service
This one day workshop is designed to provide employees with information on financial and retirement planning early in their careers. Utilizing a self-assessment tool, students will learn about their “money attitude” and how it may be impacting their financial success. They will be introduced to goal setting strategies and learn about making smart financial decisions, including debt management. Emphasis will be placed on establishing and reaching financial goals through proper asset allocation and management of the TSP. Students will learn about benefits available to them at retirement as well as benefits that will be of great value to them or their family members in the event of disability or death.. There will also be a discussion of what happens to benefits when an employee leaves federal service prior to eligibility for retirement. Participation in this course can help students get the most out of the benefits that are offered to them as a federal employee.
- Setting goals and managing debt
Understanding the FERS Retirement Program
- The 1st leg of your stool: Your FERS annuity
- The 2nd leg of your stool: Your TSP
- The 3rd leg of your stool: Your Social Security
Your Federal Insurance and Related Programs
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance
- Federal Employees Health Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance for self or qualified relatives
- The importance of estate planning at an early age
- Creating an Action Plan
Retirement Training &
Coaching Services, Inc.
We are a SAM Registered Company.
References are available upon request.